Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Picture's Worth a 1000...

WERDS. A 1000 words. Did y'all get that right?
And speaking of pictures, you know those pictures that capture a single moment, but tell a whole story?
Ok, no. I'm not talking about pictures of me in a bonnet/after jaw surgery/when half of my face swelled up from an allergic reaction and I looked like the love child of obesity and china. (ask anyone if they have that last one on their phone...99.7% chance they do.)
You know what I'm talking about?
The pictures that, good or bad, changed mankind?
The pictures that caught your breath, left a gaping wound in your heart and scorched your soul??
THE PICTURES OUR VERY NATION WAS FOUNDED UPON??????
(Sorry. A little too much American Heritage to the head.)

But srsly. I'm talking pictures a little like these: 

Loch Ness Monster (1934)
"Last week, Japanese scientists placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally."
*IbeliveinyouNessie*


Tiananmen Square (1989)
...Aaaaand that's when the fetal position comes in.

Migrant Mother (1936)
......Mother Susan??

Abbey Road (1969)
Teensy mistake Beatles...I believe it's spelled "Abby Road."


V-J Day in Times Square (1945)
I think a group chant along the lines of "get some!" is in order.


Afghan Girl (1984)
Egad! Am I the only one that feels like she can see into my soul???

So...you picking up what I'm throwing down? We're all on the same page? Specgoodular. Fantawestic? Glorsupeious?.  ... .. . .. .... .. .... .making word babies ain't my thing.
(ehem.) THE POINT BEING:
I, Abigail Elizabeth Christensen, not two days ago took part in a picture that was not only an rare and significant event, but will soon join with the above photos in The Famous Place Where They Hang Such Things.
Words would be inadequate, an explanation -  too trivial. Nay, I will let the picture speak for itself:













.......... . .. .. . . .. . ................

.... .......... .. ... .. .. 

... . ... ... .. ..
... .. . .
...
..
.
YES that is me, and YES that cat was giving ME a *high five*
GLORY.
I could die happy.

And just after viewing such a peachy delight, you prolly could too. 
FEEL FREE TO COPY AND PASTE AS NEEDED.

Katz out.

No comments:

Post a Comment